- Regulatory reliance should be considered by NRAs regardless of their resource or capacity level and independent of their maturity
- Regulatory reliance should result in a reduction of regulatory burden and offer an opportunity for faster and more predictable approvals.
- The timeline from reference country approval to submission of dossiers in a reliance-based regulatory procedure should be flexible.
Reliance: act whereby a regulatory authority in one jurisdiction may take into account/give significant weight to work performed by another regulator or other trusted institution in reaching its own decision.
- Report: Facilitating the review of new medicines through risk-based evaluations; Brazil, 2017. http://www.cirsci.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CIRS-March-2017-Workshop-Report_August-2017.pdf
- Report: Practical implementation of reliance models; South Africa, 2018. . http://www.cirsci.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/CIRS-March-2018-Workshop-report_15March18U15884.pdf
DOWNLOAD SLIDE HERE